“Do the right things, the right way, for the people and by the people.”
It’s our partner motto here at Radley London.
Every person within our supply chain, regardless of gender, sexual or religious orientation or belief is treated equally. With the same wages, the same management and support across our partners. Our Audit programme supports this and is reported on yearly so we have visibility across our network.
This includes the suppliers of our suppliers so we can make sure the full chain is compliant with these high standards. All are signed up to Carbon Zero and Brand ESG strategies too. ESG stands for environmental, social and governance factors. These indicate how advanced a company is with their sustainability strategy. This can be measured with factors such as:
- Efficient energy use
- Using renewable energy
- Managing waste responsibly
- Disclosing information on all environmental policies
GUARANTEEING A SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Some of those right things include only working with supply partners who provide an enhanced living wage to their workers, and additionally provide pension/benefit schemes under localised legislation.
They also have to sign up to these labour promises:
- Anti-Child or Bonded Labour
HOW WE DO IT
- 35 years – how long we’ve worked with some our suppliers (now friends)
- Regular visits – our London team make several visits a year to our partners in India
- Annual audits – for the full supply chain. These are geared toward safety, development, and care for the people and the environment
- Support and training – for suppliers who need guidance to meet the audit standards