The History of the Picture Bag...
Way back when, on a plane, somewhere between Thailand and Calcutta, Lowell, the Radley founder, and Ann, our longest serving designer, were brainstorming ideas for the 2002 Spring Summer Collection.
Flicking through magazines for inspiration they stopped on a picture of a line of British beach huts. Struck by the simplistic beauty and summer infused colours, a light bulb moment occurred!
As soon as the plane touched down they rushed straight to the factory to bring the image to life on what was to become the first Picture Bag.
Since then we have looked at everyday beauty to inspire us, each of our Picture Bags tells a little story beautifully.
New Picture Bag has Launched
Rambling Radley has been designed around Giggleswick, a picturesque village in North Yorkshire. The wide open spaces and glorious countryside made it the perfect setting for this season's Picture Bag.
This season the bag is available in two sizes, a grab and a shoulder, along with a matching purse and for the first season a matching umbrella.
The large shoulder bag is exclusively available online and in Radley stores.
Now available to buy in-store and online.
Did you know...
- The first ever picture bag was released in 2002.
- Every bag goes through 30 different craft processes from pattern cutting to hand painting.
- It would take one person two days to create one of our seasonal Picture Bags.
- The Picture Bag is always our fastest selling item. Last season it flew off our virtual shelves in 48 hours.
- There is a Picture Bag released every season, twice a year, although sometimes we like to surprise you, like last year’s great British Summer bag.